Your YouTube history is stored separately, and needs to be turned off separately (both your search history and your viewing history). Luckily, it’s very simple to do. Just head to YouTube, then:
- Click on the arrow next to your profile icon.
- Go to the “Video Manager” section of your account.
- Click on the History tab in the sidebar. Then, click “Clear All Viewing History”.
- Once you’ve cleared your history, click “Clear Viewing History” to stop YouTube from recording your future activity. You may need to click on the History tab for the “Pause Viewing History” button to show back up.
- Head to the “Search History” tab in the sidebar and repeat this process, clearing and then pausing your search history. This will stop YouTube from recording your searches.
It’s very simple, and keeps your YouTube searches and watched videos a bit more private.